Friday, June 6, 2014

Photobooth Friday, No. 51

Black Cat and Spidey edition!
Today I thought we'd look back at the Amazing Spider-man cover I drew for issue 700.3 last year. 
This one.
This cover was actually based on a sketch I drew as a stock cover for Marvel back in 2009. They decided not to go with it at the time, but apparently kept it on file, asking me to finally make it into a cover four years later. Anyway, here's a look at some of the Photo Booth references I worked with for the piece:



Mostly I was studying hand gestures with these
From here I got started on my digital pencils for the piece. Converting my original sketch to cyan, I used that drawing as a loose guide to pencil atop of. Here's a progress shot:
Working digitally was a great advantage here as Photoshop made it easy to create symmetrical shapes and mask out areas of the 'webbing panels' to draw within.
Finally, here's a look at my process from that initial sketch, to my digital pencils and finished inks. 

Thanks for reading, y'all. Have a great weekend!



No comments: